View Single Post
Old 19-04-2007, 05:01 AM
Bronze Member

trodas is on a distinguished road
Wink

Well, the blur on the ram side is somewhat suspicious, however if he can provide some testing benches, I would say case closed

Recycling PCB design is nothing new, to support RayvenX argument

Crucible1001 - you could be right, but please don't be so offensive - since everything is manufactured now in China, he might have got his hand on some pre-production stuff and just tried to hide the ram's with the blurr... Neverless, the cards aren't 100% identical. Key - caps.

On the TigerDirect image, the two caps at center top of the card show recognizable "K" perforation, do you agree? Same as the "K" on the bottom left cap (same one). This one is, in fact, very clearly visible.
Now take a look above. Caps into these places show the typical triangle perforation for Chem-con. Chemi-con caps are usualy very cheap (yet reasonably, ehm, good, ehm) and hence I proved the caps are different. And cheaper ones are used for this alleged 8300 cardie.
It makes perfect sense to me - even it did not exactly mean anything. It could be just a different serie with different caps. Like RayvenX adequately says - "manufacturers tend to use whatever RAM is cheapest for the spec they want" and the same apply for caps too. Hence it did not prove anything - another 7100 GS revision might have these caps different. It does not prove the card is 8300GT. But clearly these cards aren't exactly 100% identical, if we want get into argument