Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > News Headlines > Tech News Headlines

Tech News Headlines News Headlines & Reviews @ OCWORKBENCH

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

ECS Bearlake boards P35T-A, G33T-M

Tech News Headlines

Old 01-05-2007, 11:50 PM
The one

Potenza rep: 10
bluetooth has disabled reputation
Default ECS Bearlake boards P35T-A, G33T-M

The new P35T-A, G33T-M motherboards feature the next generation chipsets and will be continued by the current P965, G965 Broadwater-based motherboards, offering across-the-board performance benefits. All these new motherboard chipsets are validated to perform flawlessly with the latest Intel® Core™2 Duo and Intel® Core™2 Quad processors. The P35T-A is designed for gaming and performance users, the G33T-M and its integrated graphics core is designed for the digital home and the Q35T-M brings more functionality to enterprise and office users. Come see these new motherboards at Hall 21, Booth C07.

Bearlake performance adds new capabilities
Several factors give these next generation ECS Bearlake motherboards their improved performance. The Northbridge chipset supports a 45nm-process microarchitecture CPU, which greatly boosts performance and efficiency. These chipsets feature a 1333 MHz Front Side Bus (FSB), DDR3 memory and work seamlessly with Intel’s new ICH9 Southbridge I/O chip. The ICH9 Southbridge will have at least three different versions, a standard ICH9, the ICH9R with added support for RAID storage, and the ICH9DH designed specially for digital home applications. The ICH9 also offers a useful new feature called ‘Intel® Robson Technology’, which not only improves system responsiveness while saving power but also allows users to boot and quickly system recover.

Match your computing needs
The P35T-A motherboard supports Intel® Core™2 Extreme Quad-Core processors and provides PCI Express X16 slots (X16, X4) with dual graphics solutions. New Intel® Matrix Storage Technology is featured for better content protection and performance, as well as Intel’s Advance Memory Controller with Intel® Fast Memory Access to better manage the DDR3 memory up to 1333MHz. The G33T-M supports Intel Core2 Duo CPUs with up to 1333MHz FSB and Core 2 Quad up to 1066MHz FSB. It provides advanced high-definition video playback (Intel CVT) and Intel Quiet System Technology. Its lower TDP allows for slimmer and smaller cases typical of digital home applications. The Q35T-M provides industry leading embedded security and manageability geared for business platforms. A great enterprise solution the Q35T-m is based on Intel’s vPro technology to better manage workstation PCs remotely and a stable graphics solution makes it ready for Microsoft® Windows® Vista™ Premium.

ECS G33-M

ECS P35T-A
and Join our Facebook Fan page at
http://www.facebook.com/ocworkbenchconnect
Old 02-05-2007, 12:58 AM
Bronze Member

Potenza rep: 20
trodas is on a distinguished road
Wink

Hmmm, these 4 phases Vcore regulators looking well-done I wonder how far they take the overclocking. Mybe a 5th phase was not bad idea, but...

I wonder how far it can take ram clocks with 4G of ram - eg. 1G DIMMs in all four slots

It is also nice that SB is ready for heatsink

Old 02-05-2007, 01:05 AM
Gold Member

Potenza rep: 27
RayvenX is on a distinguished road

But a shame they don't have that heatsink installed already. The SB heatsink on my new ASRock board's ICH7 gets much hotter than the NB heatsink, and I can't imagine ICH9 (?) being much better...

Huawei Nexus 6P | LG Nexus 5X | LG Nexus 5
LG Nexus 4 | LG G3 D855 | Asus Nexus 7 2013
Dell Venue 11 Pro 7130 (Win10/Android-x86_64) | Xbox 360 | PS3

Old 02-05-2007, 03:52 AM
Bronze Member

Well, maybe the boards is not THAT much geared towards overclocking, after all

Like I say, if the are, they would include 8 pin 12V CPU Vcore powering at least 5 phase Vcore

Neverless the 4 phase with 10 solid polymer caps on output is pretty good.

And the question is, at witch temp the SB stop working flawlessly. Usualy these chips take hell lot of temperature before start working unreliably. So maybe testing proved that for most cases it is not need?
I remember my old DFI LP B board. It used a very little, puny heatsink on SB - in front there: http://ax2.old-cans.com/s.php?p=badt...7&c=8&d=1&v=v2
Me, fearing about stability when this thing get to like 60°C (!), installed there a Zalman ZM NB47J NB heatsink. And quess what. The temp was maxing out at like 47°C, but no improve in overclocking or stability at previously unstable clocks.

Often is good to remember the P4 temperature protection settings. The diode should shut down the cpu at about 135°C and it is located in part of the die that is up to 10°C cooler that the rest. Also this is a safe temp, so about 150°C the die must handle.
Of course case temp is way lower, so for the plastic core we shall conclude about 15 - 20°C higher internal temps that external one, so up to 120°C we should be safe

It don't get THAT hot, do it?
Old 02-05-2007, 06:11 AM
Gold Member

Potenza rep: 27
RayvenX is on a distinguished road

Funnily enough, I'd say the the MCP51 on my nForce 650i board runs much cooler than the ICH7 on the 945 board, despite what everybody says about nForce chipsets. The situation is reveresed with the northbridges, of course!

Huawei Nexus 6P | LG Nexus 5X | LG Nexus 5
LG Nexus 4 | LG G3 D855 | Asus Nexus 7 2013
Dell Venue 11 Pro 7130 (Win10/Android-x86_64) | Xbox 360 | PS3

Old 02-05-2007, 07:12 AM
Bronze Member

Wink

Really?

Then I understand your concern about the heatsink
For me my nF2 NB run very cold, but it also having instability problems over 200Mhz... till I laped it. Then it, even at minimal 1.6V, run much hotter, but it is not THAT bad

Time to dig this toy of mine: http://ax2.old-cans.com/temperature_big.jpg
...and check the temp of the ICH9 SB chip in action - preferably under load at highers possible clocks and defragmenting HDD and/or copying some files over USB

Unfortunately the bottom PCIEx 16x slot is in line with the SB chip, so in worst case, if someone want SLI (I'm not a fan of SLI at all, but we have consider the possibility) then the cooling solution has to be limited in height a lot

Perhaps that was the reason for no heatsink?

Kind of like the DFI nF4 board design with the 7000RPM little screamer right in the line of graphic card?