Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > Special Interest Groups > Gaming - PC and Console Games

Gaming - PC and Console Games Gaming Channel - PC Games and Console games discussions.

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

PS2/PS3 users sign in

Gaming - PC and Console Games

Old 12-11-2006, 10:15 AM
The one

Potenza rep: 10
bluetooth has disabled reputation
Default PS2/PS3 users sign in

PS2/PS3 users sign in. What are your favourite games?
and Join our Facebook Fan page at
http://www.facebook.com/ocworkbenchconnect
Old 19-01-2007, 06:11 AM
Rookie

Potenza rep: 0
funkflex is on a distinguished road

i have a PS2 at home. It's not mine i borrowed it. The games that i play are: Def Jam Fight For New York , Street Fighter and Driv3r

Old 22-01-2007, 03:23 AM

Potenza rep: 0
Loaded is on a distinguished road

ps2 here but i dont play games with it anymore just dvds
Old 20-07-2007, 08:17 PM

Potenza rep: 18
bobbytomorow is on a distinguished road

PS1
PS2
PSP
PS3

Playstation ftw
OCZ Modstream 450w
Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro
ATI x1800xt @625MHz\750MHz[/COLOR]
Old 20-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Gold Member

Potenza rep: 27
RayvenX is on a distinguished road

I had a PS2 which I played GT4 and FFXII on. When I got bored with those games I sold it on. However, I do have another one I built out of bits of broken PS2s, I just don't have any leads/games/controllers for it...

I also have an equally neglected, but modded, XBox which I played Halo, Halo 2, Forza Motorsport and Fable on 'till I got bored with them. It runs Mediaportal and has quite a few games backed up on the HD for quicker loading... And it even gets used... for playing DVDs now and again

I also have a semi-dysfunctional 360 Core (it's an eBay win and I haven' got round to sorting out the DVD drive yet) and a PSP with a 3.51-M33 firmware I use as a portable Wi-Fi internet radio I'm not much good at games on it though, because the analog stick is too fiddly and the screen too small for me.

In conclusion, the only things I really use are PCs, although I do have a lot of consoles lying around that were generally bought on a whim (though all at substantially less than retail prices because I always buy broken kit on eBay and fix it up)

I probably won't buy a PS3 unless one turns up really cheap. In graphics comparisons with the 360 so far, that G70-based, fixed-pipeline graphics chip is really starting to creak in comparison to the 360's ATI unit, and most developers are complaining that the complicated CPU is a real pig to take proper advantage of, not to mention the fact that stream processors are useless for many tasks a game needs to do, like physics calculation, which have to be relegated entirely to the single PPE, so I can't see the situation getting any better. 360's CPU is just better suited to the tasks it needs to do, with 3 more generalised CPU cores, although even that is over-optimised for stream processing, with it's small caches and deep pipelines. Both chips are really more suited to lab work, like protein folding, so what the hell are they doing in games consoles?

With that said, I can't say I'm particularly interested in either the 360 or the PS3. My PC already easily surpasses either in graphical power, if not overall computing power, and it is already evident Nintendo have won this round of the console wars with technology inferior to the original XBox, just like they have in the DS vs. PSP situation. They've proven that Sony and Microsoft really need a major paradigm shift if they want to make selling game consoles profitable again. The hardware in the 360 and PS3 is just too expensive. It's going to be a long time before they could make a profit on the actual hardware, even at current prices (which is why we haven't really seen any price drops so far in the current generation), which means even with games for the PS3 and 360 priced as high as they are to subsidise the marginal profits/losses from console sales, both Sony Computer Entertainment and Microsoft Game Studios are facing a rocky time at the moment. Obviously, neither Sony nor Microsoft will admit the fact, as both companies can easily afford to 'prop up' their gaming divisions to 'save face' but in the long term, I think you'll see very different design philosophies in the next generation.

Huawei Nexus 6P | LG Nexus 5X | LG Nexus 5
LG Nexus 4 | LG G3 D855 | Asus Nexus 7 2013
Dell Venue 11 Pro 7130 (Win10/Android-x86_64) | Xbox 360 | PS3

Last edited by RayvenX : 20-07-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old 21-12-2013, 04:41 PM
The one

Potenza rep: 10
bluetooth has disabled reputation

Anyone for PS4
and Join our Facebook Fan page at
http://www.facebook.com/ocworkbenchconnect