Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > PC Problems, Mainboard and Graphics card troubleshooting > General Mainboards/CPU/Chipsets/OC-MOD

General Mainboards/CPU/Chipsets/OC-MOD Discuss all brands of mainboard problems here. CPU/Chipset issues. Post brand specific questions in the brand channels. Subforums : ABIT, ASUS, Chaintech, EPoX, MSI, Jetway, Chipsets, Extreme Overclocking.

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

What is the best upgrade you ever made or intend to make?

General Mainboards/CPU/Chipsets/OC-MOD

Old 03-01-2001, 05:28 AM
Bronze Member

Potenza rep: 24
Fender is on a distinguished road
Cool

Haha, I did that last year and that was probably the best thing I've done that year for my computer!

Vic, I actually think it'd be good idea for Microsoft to break up, BUT that's for another thread.
Old 03-01-2001, 11:22 AM

Potenza rep: 0
LordLoneWolf is on a distinguished road

The best i made is my 21" Trinitron .

The coming best Buy would be Sony's TRV-PC3000E , the best palm size Digital Camcoder .

Old 04-01-2001, 09:56 PM
Bronze Member

Cal is on a distinguished road
quote:
Originally posted by Victor Green:
Interesting: Yes! But, be careful what you wish for -- because you might get it.

There is an excelent old science-fiction movie called "Forbiden Planet," with Robby The Robot (I think from the 1950's), where a whole society made an super-computer-controlled environment that amplified and fulfilled their very thoughts. However, the socity was wiped out by "monsters from the id," murdered by the thoughts of their subconcious minds.

The point is that a computer would not be able to tell the diference between a bad thought that we have and would never act on and something we really wanted.

And if you think that a computer and os can screw up now, try giving them unlimited power!

I don't know about that because when the Doctor asked Robby the Robot to stop the creature it went on the fritz because it knew that the doctor was making the monsters and Robby didn't want to kill the doctor.

Old 04-01-2001, 09:59 PM
Bronze Member

Cal is on a distinguished road
I think the best improvement I will make is buying a 19" monitor, though I may still get a 21" if I am having a good day when I purchase the monitor.
Old 06-01-2001, 04:36 PM
Protoss

Well, from a 15" Philips Monitor to a Samsung 17" Flat Screen Monitor.
Old 07-01-2001, 05:54 AM
chryschee

me too, from 15" TVM to 17" philips flat screen. and also from asus nvidia TNT to herc Geforce2 GTS.
Old 07-01-2001, 09:29 AM
Rookie

Potenza rep: 0
Sunny129 is on a distinguished road
Talking

i dont know what the best upgrade i intend to make would be, but i do know the best upgrade i have made. recently i purchased a P3 700E, CUSL2 mobo, and 256 PC133 rev3 SDRAM. i went from my Dell Dimension @ 350 mHz to a custom system that OCs to 1092 mHz. yippee
Old 11-01-2001, 11:14 AM
Victor Green

Thumbs down

I made a lot of upgrades, including faster CPUs, larger and faster hard drives, more memory, home-network, and much more.

However, the one I appreciate most is upgrading my 12" monitor to a 17" Viewsonic Professional Series. I enjoy being able to open multiple windows and to see even the smallest print clearly in a reasonable size. And unlike other upgrades -- this one was done without a hitch!

What do you think? :

------------------
Happy Overclocking!

Victor Green

quote:
"It is NOT easy being Green." ...Kermit the frog of Sesame Street.
Old 11-01-2001, 11:14 AM
Victor Green

Thumbs down

I made a lot of upgrades, including faster CPUs, larger and faster hard drives, more memory, home-network, and much more.

However, the one I appreciate most is upgrading my 12" monitor to a 17" Viewsonic Professional Series. I enjoy being able to open multiple windows and to see even the smallest print clearly in a reasonable size. And unlike other upgrades -- this one was done without a hitch!

What do you think? :

------------------
Happy Overclocking!

Victor Green

quote:
"It is NOT easy being Green." ...Kermit the frog of Sesame Street.
Old 11-01-2001, 02:20 PM
Uranium Member

Potenza rep: 10
Astute33 has disabled reputation
Talking

Wow... an overwhelming 5 out of 7 thinks that bigger monitor is their best upgrade made...

So real estate is still the most important afterall.

------------------
Lies have speed, but truth has endurance...
The Astute Gamer's Portal
[email protected]