Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > PC Problems, Mainboard and Graphics card troubleshooting > ABIT

ABIT Post your questions on ABIT mainboards.

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

ABIT ULI 1695 board

ABIT

Old 31-07-2005, 03:18 PM
The one

Potenza rep: 10
bluetooth has disabled reputation
Send in this thread to ABIT marketing and support and push them to make one.
and Join our Facebook Fan page at
http://www.facebook.com/ocworkbenchconnect
Old 01-08-2005, 05:57 AM
Silver Member

Potenza rep: 24
Gortok is on a distinguished road
Welcome jamesrmac...

There are a lot of Abit fans here. Many would like to see a 1695 board built by Abit. Woww! You just KNOW it'd sell well. Especially, if it has all the OC goodies on it...
Abit NF7-S v2 (Barton)
PCChips V21G (Via C7D)

Old 05-08-2005, 05:37 PM

Potenza rep: 19
SLATYE is on a distinguished road
Well, there are two things which I think are essential for an Abit M-1695 board.

(1) It must have both AGP and PCI-E. Otherwise, there's not really a good reason to buy it - the Nforce3/Nforce4 boards are more readily available, and there are more options with those chipsets.

(2) It must have good overclocking options. Otherwise, there's no reason to buy an Abit one when you can get Asrock equivalents for less (I'd be very surprised if Abit can actually charge less than Asrock).

Apart from that, I'd like to see two models. A basic one, with the Realtek ALC850 audio chip, maybe Gigabit LAN, no firewire and just the standard SATA (no SATA2). Aim for the ~$70 price point with that board.

Then have a high-end one - the same basic board, but better sound (HD Audio if possible, just something which takes less CPU time than the ALC850), definitely Gigabit LAN and Firewire, SATA-2 provided either by the southbridge or a secondary chip, and maybe dual PCI-E 16x slots (for dual video cards).
Old 05-08-2005, 06:14 PM
Gold Member

Potenza rep: 28
grumpy is on a distinguished road
Aye, Sil 3132 PCI-E Sata 2 :D ( Think I got the model right [img]redface.gif[/img] ). 880 Codec for HD Audio...and some swell OCing [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2005, 04:55 AM
Rookie

Potenza rep: 0
KublaKhan is on a distinguished road
New ULI 1695 reference board testing was posted at anandtech.com for those interested.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:03 AM
The one

There is no new reference board. Although the boards looks a bit different. It is apparently the same. you might as well read our ASrock retail board review.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:05 PM
Bronze Member

Potenza rep: 22
baseball_55 is on a distinguished road
I sure would like to have an abit uli 1695 board. I think they would jump off the shelves. Fingers X'd

bb55

[ 09. August 2005, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: baseball_55 ]
Old 09-08-2005, 01:34 PM
The one

Post your ideas and we will push ABIT to make one. Also a Epox and GIgabyte version in their respective sectors.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:15 PM
Rookie

Potenza rep: 0
vrozen is on a distinguished road
I emailed Gigabyte and they replied that there will be a Gigabyte M1695 motherboard. They were a bit fuzzy about the when though [img]smile.gif[/img]

I do believe that Abit should make an M1695 board also. I have the feeling the M1695 will be a classic upgrade chipset we'll remember for years to come. Just like everyone still talks about the popular upgrade boards supporting both SDR and DDR memory. It's in their best interest to be part of that.
I also recall an Abit motherboard that could be used to build a dual celeron PC which intel didn't like ;)

Abit could go about it different ways. Since the chipset is inexpensive (I don't use the word cheap, cause it's not!) Abit could either make a state of the art board with all features you can immagine. Highly overclockable, monitoring tools, dual bios, raid controllers, etc.

On the other hand, they could also make it a true budget board with enough features to be a serious competition to all 'ordinary' nForce4 and K8T890 boards but not aim it at the enthousiasts market. Those people will buy the most expensive nForce4 uperhyperultradeluxecalifragilisticexpealidocious board anyway. So Abit should make a reasonably priced board which overclocks reasonably well but can also just be used to build a rockstable general purpose PC. So leave out the fanciest features (high definition audio and such).

Abit, give us our M1695 board! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 09. August 2005, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: vrozen ]
Old 09-08-2005, 09:46 PM

Potenza rep: 19
SLATYE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by vrozen:

I also recall an Abit motherboard that could be used to build a dual celeron PC which intel didn't like ;)
Ah, the BP6. That was a huge success in its day. Unfortunately they probably can't manage the same with an A64 or P4 for a similar price.

Quote:
Originally posted by vrozen:
Abit could go about it different ways. Since the chipset is inexpensive (I don't use the word cheap, cause it's not!) Abit could either make a state of the art board with all features you can immagine. Highly overclockable, monitoring tools, dual bios, raid controllers, etc.

On the other hand, they could also make it a true budget board with enough features to be a serious competition to all 'ordinary' nForce4 and K8T890 boards but not aim it at the enthousiasts market. Those people will buy the most expensive nForce4 uperhyperultradeluxecalifragilisticexpealidocious board anyway. So Abit should make a reasonably priced board which overclocks reasonably well but can also just be used to build a rockstable general purpose PC. So leave out the fanciest features (high definition audio and such).
I agree with this, although it doesn't need to be an "either/or" sort of thing - they could do both.

Consider their Nforce4 boards. Abit have 3 NF4-Ultra mainboards, 2 NF4-SLI mainboards, and four basic NF4 boards. If they can make that many boards on one chipset, building two based around the ULi one shouldn't be hard.