Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > 中文區 > 聊天室 - 中文

聊天室 - 中文 Chit Chat Sector in Chinese

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

War in IRAQ!

聊天室 - 中文

Old 07-02-2003, 01:01 PM
BANNED Troublemakers

Potenza rep: 0
toXicbluE is on a distinguished road
rooscow: you're right about that, yes. And this is what we talk about- do we need the war now? Me- not. Iraq- not. If Iraq would get it's rights back and the embargo comes to an end, terrosrists would get fewer and fewer, coz they won't have the soil to grow on. But putting a country into such isolation is for sure a fertile soil for terrorism- it's not Saddam, who lets his people starve, it's the embargo by the USA and the people there understand that and hate the USA. And this happens everywhere, where such conditions are dominating. And these conditions are made by the superpowers ( again and again ), so we really all know where the problem is.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:29 PM
Gold Member

Potenza rep: 28
grumpy is on a distinguished road
In the end it is the old religious war starting up again. The Christians ( who stole the Bible from someone else and rewrote it) vs the Muslims ( who are actually following a Koran taken and rewritten by the Mongols to suit their cultural beliefs..war and women are lowly slaves) The Koran and the Bible were both written by the one ethnic group, and it so happens that Saddam is currently exterminating one of the last pockets of that ethnic community :(

Old 07-02-2003, 02:53 PM
The one

Potenza rep: 10
bluetooth has disabled reputation
If US is to attack Iraq, we in South East Asia will be in grave trouble. This is true esp when there are much US interests in this region.

Have you guys read CNN? It says that N. Korea will preemptive strike US interests in Asia. When that happens, the whole South Asia might be dragged into this world war ..
Old 07-02-2003, 02:54 PM
The one

Potenza rep: 10
bluetooth has disabled reputation
I hope that all will discuss this topic with care. Do not start flaming and insulting races, religions in here OK?
Old 07-02-2003, 04:15 PM
Gold Member

Potenza rep: 28
grumpy is on a distinguished road
I am praying for 30 years of continuous rain. Too wet for war, when the sun comes out the despots are dead of old age and we can all be friends. Peace has never been the weapon of an idiot.
Old 07-02-2003, 05:11 PM

Potenza rep: 22
Tiger Tom is on a distinguished road
Old 08-02-2003, 01:01 AM
Bronze Member

Rooscow is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Hey BT, when will the world recognize that what they call US interests is the whole world economy? You can not separate US interests from Asian interests from Mid East interests from European interests.

Will it take Singapore or Tokyo or Manila having a tragedy like NYC, Washington, Bali or Jerusalem before everyone realizes that we are all in this together? There is a very good argument that has substantial support that doing nothing is much more costly than doing something.

Politics, at every level from the lowest level to Geopolitical suffers from a malady of inaction. It is eminently easier to argue to do nothing or to delay doing something than to take the bull by the horns and influence events before they happen. It is always so much easier to rouse people to action after a disaster rather than prevent it.

I am just a single person who has very little impact in the big scheme of things and I know painfully that my screaming at the rain will have very little effect. It just makes me feel a little less impotent by writing out my feelings and hoping that wise people will look at history and try not to repeat the failures of the past.

Smart people learn from their mistakes. Really smart people learn from other peoples' mistakes.
:(
Old 08-02-2003, 01:34 AM
BANNED Troublemakers

toXicbluE is on a distinguished road
rooscow: are Europeans fighting in Asia? Are Chinese/Japanese/Korean fighting in the deserts? No, it's only the USA, and USA WANTS to force us to fight also! The Arabic countries hate the USA, not Europe- they burn the US-flag, not the European! You started that war, you are guilty!
Old 08-02-2003, 02:31 AM
Bronze Member

Rooscow is on a distinguished road
Good to hear back from you.

I admit it, I am guilty. But so is Italy, Romania, Spain, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Turkey, need I go on? Right now the major fence sitters are Germany, France and China. All three have lucrative oil and/or weapons deals with Iraq.

It's obvious that you are passionate about this and that is a good thing. Debating conflicting points of view is healthy and necessary.

Would you please find me one Iraqi who will say that he can debate in this manner without the fear of being imprisoned, tortured or just DISAPPEARING?

US interests are in fact your interests. We have a saying here, Freedom is not free.
Old 08-02-2003, 02:41 AM
BANNED Troublemakers

Richard Craneum is on a distinguished road
I hope that this is the last crusade. My family heritage can be traced from the Crusades to the colonization / exploration of the new world. So I have 2 choices by chance, Space (the final frontier) or Mid East. A sand box is not my preferd choice.