Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > PC Problems, Mainboard and Graphics card troubleshooting > General Mainboards/CPU/Chipsets/OC-MOD

General Mainboards/CPU/Chipsets/OC-MOD Discuss all brands of mainboard problems here. CPU/Chipset issues. Post brand specific questions in the brand channels. Subforums : ABIT, ASUS, Chaintech, EPoX, MSI, Jetway, Chipsets, Extreme Overclocking.

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

Old 586 MB

General Mainboards/CPU/Chipsets/OC-MOD

Old 01-11-2004, 02:58 AM
Rookie

Potenza rep: 0
JohnWR is on a distinguished road
Question

I just got boxs of old computer part from a friend of mine. It has mb's with the first or one of the first mbs with a pentium 60 I beleave in it, up to a mb with a amd 233. the problem with this is some of the mb and parts are from gateway and a few other manufactures that I don't know as its not maked on the case or mb.

Im not sure I'll get this across right but being that the mbs have no marking to ID the type of mb or who made the mb. I have know Idea as to what the jumper settings are.

Any one Know of a site that has pics of old mb so that I might match up the mbs so as to find out who made the mb. I would like to put all this stuff back together. I could do a hit a miss but I would like to know what and who's of the equipment.

Before anyone ask, Yes I've already ID some of the mb as it was printed on mb, and also some of the stuff Id by searching some of the part numbers
on the net. But some of the mbs have almost nothing printed on tham or what is printed on the mb's comes up with no match, or something that has nothing to do with computers.

So if someone can point me in a direction I haven't thought of. I would be one happy person.

I hope this make since as I've been up for almost 36 hours going over this stuff.

So I know at the moment I not making much sence,
nor can I spell anything right any more.

Time to go to bed, Thanks to any leads and happy halloween
Old 01-11-2004, 05:29 AM

Potenza rep: 21
Alexander is on a distinguished road
Try a search with the FCC ID, it must be applied on the mobo.

Old 01-11-2004, 11:24 AM
Rookie

Potenza rep: 0
JohnWR is on a distinguished road
Did and it did help! Nice try any way.
By the way I lived in Schweinfurt Germany for 20 years.

Viel Dank!!!!