Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > PC Problems, Mainboard and Graphics card troubleshooting > Extreme Overclocking, D2OL, SuperPi, 3Dmark Challenge

Extreme Overclocking, D2OL, SuperPi, 3Dmark Challenge In this sector, you can discuss abt softwares (no hacks/pirated stuff), benchmarking tools, latest softwares, Distributed Folding apps etc.

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

Distributed Folding - Team internal competition

Extreme Overclocking, D2OL, SuperPi, 3Dmark Challenge

Old 28-04-2004, 05:53 PM
Gold Member

Potenza rep: 28
grumpy is on a distinguished road
Affinity is a duallie owners friend ;)
Old 28-04-2004, 05:54 PM
Bronze Member

Potenza rep: 22
gondo is on a distinguished road
Oh, and mini teams do have one disadvantage.

I cannot see the results that *I* contributed to the DF project in my account, but I bet Iggy has
screens and screens ful of them ;)

Old 28-04-2004, 06:00 PM
Bronze Member

Of course Grumpy, you probably knew that method already.
Old 28-04-2004, 08:42 PM
Gold Member

Nah, never knew about setting it permanently [img]redface.gif[/img] And I will forget how to before I go to bed...
Old 28-04-2004, 09:40 PM
Gold Member

Potenza rep: 26
iggy is on a distinguished road
Gondo, if you wish to check for the uploaded points, I can give you user/pass for 7G account. just contact me at iggy at callnetuk dot com.

That is one thing mini-teams can't do in DF.

Btw, just lost 3 days of buffered generations on one of the systems. Installed some updates, and then found filelist.txt to be completely empty - lost 600,000+ points!

If this repeats within this week, I'm completely out of any DC project.
Old 28-04-2004, 09:55 PM
Gold Member

Angry

WTF Iggy, was that a Penguin or M$ Boxen That is just BS..I know it sometimes gets trashed by the Client, but by non DF Updates
Old 28-04-2004, 11:51 PM
Gold Member

Potenza rep: 26
iggy is on a distinguished road
Win2K3 - my server, on NTFS partition - hasn't happened of lately, but I saw quite a few posts on Free-DC forums about having corrupt filelist.txt, and Chem just e-mailed me to let me know he lost about 100+ generations due to same corruption.

It's been asked for too long about doing something on this issue, but nothing has been done. It could be very easy to regenerate filelist.txt from the generations present inside the directory if the error occurs - it's just the question of making new one, checking existing generations for validity, and generationg new checksum - and client could do it automatically on startup if filelist.txt is in any way invalid.

All that has been heard from Howard is that this is our mistake, as usual, because they can't reproduce the error - in short, we are lying.

So, if the problems with uploading and corruption persist, I'll leave you all to fight without me - I spent too much time, money and effort trying to keep all this running.

Whatever scientific/medical benefits might come out of this, the money I spend now for the project could be much better spent in having private medical insurance.
Old 29-04-2004, 12:55 AM
Gold Member

Thumbs down

Maybe the client needs a checkpoint file, that saves every so often the filelst.txt and the gen data to continue on again from that bkup filelst..how hard would it be.. :(
Old 29-04-2004, 12:44 PM
Uranium Member

Potenza rep: 10
Astute33 has disabled reputation
It seems to me that the reason why they do not want to re-generate a corrupted filelst.txt is to prevent cheating. If I remember correctly, in phase I, we could manually create/edit the filelst.txt if there was something wrong, but it was taken advantage of by some idiots...
Old 29-04-2004, 12:47 PM
Bronze Member

I had a bunch of buffered gens, must have done an update or something while I was at work, not many buffered, but don't know where they went either.

I have swtiched boxes to D2OL till they get it ironed out.