Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > Special Interest Groups > Software Tech Support

Software Tech Support Discuss about the latest software problems including antivirus, anti malware programs. Troubleshooting program errors.

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

Damn Small Linux

Software Tech Support

Old 07-10-2004, 09:19 AM

Potenza rep: 0
vtan is on a distinguished road
I just downloaded and burned a live CD of Damn Small Linux (www.damnsmalllinux.org). It is basically a stripped down Knoppix with some non-debian stuff and fits in 50Mb and can be purchsed on a business card sized CDROM. It is a little lean and doesn't boot up on 100% of all motherboards but it is quick to boot and apps do come up really fast. It uses Dillo for web browsing and lots of other not very well known programs to provide all the functionality that it does. It does have XMMS so you can do decent multimedia.

The reason I am looking at it is that I want to get my neighbor to use my internet access through wireless and he has a slow win95 box. I hate PCI wireless radios so I will be trying out DSL and a USB card with a USB radio.
Old 07-10-2004, 07:42 PM
Silver Member

Potenza rep: 24
davidgl is on a distinguished road
Whatever happened to Flonix?! This has been my favourite for some while, but it seems that they tried to convert it into a commercial enterprise with only the USB version available now? Big mistake, but the original version is still brilliant.
DGL.