Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > Special Interest Groups > Coffee Shop & Chit Chat Corner

Coffee Shop & Chit Chat Corner Coffee Shop Channel. Relax here and chat about almost anything under the sun. Nice original photos welcomed (X,RA rated not allowed). All Languages are supported.

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

For movie addicts...come and discuss

Coffee Shop & Chit Chat Corner

Old 14-05-2001, 12:18 AM
Silver Member

Potenza rep: 25
Tony Del Piero is on a distinguished road
I just saw the trailer of 'Driven'.It seem nice story about racing cars.

[ 25. May 2006, 07:33 AM: Message edited by: Astute33 ]
Old 15-05-2001, 01:16 AM
Silver Member

I had seen the show 'Driven'.I felt that it is worth to every penny of money.Full of non-stop actions!
Next show,i will be watching either The Mummy Returns or Soy Kids or Replicant next week.

Old 15-05-2001, 12:05 PM
Silver Member

gokk1 is on a distinguished road
I'm waiting for "The Mummy returns" and "Pearl Harbor".
Old 29-05-2001, 01:26 PM
Uranium Member

Potenza rep: 10
Astute33 has disabled reputation
Cool

Mummy return is good! Although the storyline and plot is not really intriguing, the action and special effects make up for it.

Anyone watched Pearl Harbour yet?...
Old 29-05-2001, 02:55 PM

Potenza rep: 23
Fireball is on a distinguished road
Official open in Singapore 2 days later..
waiting ...
Old 29-05-2001, 04:30 PM
Silver Member

quote:
Originally posted by Astute33:
Mummy return is good! Although the storyline and plot is not really intriguing, the action and special effects make up for it.

Anyone watched Pearl Harbour yet?...

Yup,i agree.I saw last part of 'The Mummy Returns".The rock with scorpion looks so fake!
Old 30-05-2001, 01:57 AM
Silver Member

gokk1 is on a distinguished road
Watched the pearl harbor a few days ago. I think it pack quite a punch for those who loves war-action type of movie. Lots of bombing and shooting (Air raid) near the last 1/3 of the show.

However, under my own view...if this is compared with "Saving private Ryan", I will vote Pearl Harbor 4.5 stars and 5 for the latter. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 30-05-2001, 02:15 AM
Silver Member

quote:
Originally posted by gokk1:
Watched the pearl harbor a few days ago. I think it pack quite a punch for those who loves war-action type of movie. Lots of bombing and shooting (Air raid) near the last 1/3 of the show.

However, under my own view...if this is compared with "Saving private Ryan", I will vote Pearl Harbor 4.5 stars and 5 for the latter. [img]smile.gif[/img]

How to watch while you are in NS?You are in NS?
Old 30-05-2001, 04:52 PM
Primus

Caught both Pearl Harbour and The Mummy Returns last week. Here my 2 cents worth:

Pearl Harbour - The movie is ok. Sound effects pretty good, you can hear planes and bullets zipping from left to right. So make sure you watch it in a cinema with a good sound system.

The Mummy Returns - Typical action movie, a no-brainer that's loud and entertaining.
Old 01-06-2001, 05:49 AM
misato

caught Pearl Habour and Mummy returns over the weekend too.

Personally, Pearl Habour gets 4 out of 5, due to it not able to give the watcher a constant action to get the watcher 100% attention. However, as some had mention, sound and overall flow of the show is well done. Acting were good, but several of the supporting characters wasnt really supportive enough and instead of Pearl Habour.. it was more of the Hero(s) personal love story. Nevertheless, much attention was put into the planing of the bombing of the Pearl Habour by the japs.. personal view was it could have played a more important role in the movie.

On Mummy returns, the show was quite entertaining, with a major flaw in its storyline. However, the producer thrown in plenty of actions and humor to make the near 2 hour show entertaining to the last minute. Special effects further enhanted the show alot, but there seems to be a common point which those who had watch said.. scorpion king need more work.. espcially the face part.. it looked more like a rubbrer dummy attached to the body of a over-sized scorpion than anything else.

that all for my many cents worth of view for the 2 rated movie over this june holiday season.

PS: i heard that Shrek is rather entertaining. Gonna watch it once it hit the screens.