Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > PC Problems, Mainboard and Graphics card troubleshooting > Chaintech

Chaintech Post your questions on Chaintech products here.

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

my board is back!

Chaintech

Old 28-10-2002, 05:54 AM
Bronze Member

Potenza rep: 22
icedeocampo is on a distinguished road
back then (b4 the 1/5 divider was enabled), i was able to run my board at 171Mhz, everything seems to be working fine... well... i just can't run 3d games, cause my gf4-ti4200 doesn't work on a very high agp bus... but my gf2mx would run just fine... hmm...

in my opinion the onboard IDE can handle the extremely high pci bus, you can tell if your IDE is the culprit, if you see data on your hard drive corrupted ... but if windows simply hangs, or goes to the blue screen... well i think it is what something else...
Old 28-10-2002, 10:38 PM
XeCutor

Dude, I know when it's my ide-controller that fux up... I've had to reinstall windows 4 times because my system files got corrupted, and that was at a bus I never took higher than 160.. Trust me, I don't have the 1/5 divider! Especially not at 166mhz bus..!

Old 29-10-2002, 03:22 AM
Bronze Member

well then if that's the case, i suggest having your board RMA(ed) cause... i think a number of us 7vjl users... did go up to as high as 167 on the 1/4 multiplier... and did not get an corrupted files...
Old 29-10-2002, 08:00 AM

Potenza rep: 23
Blizzard Beast is on a distinguished road
I got to 185FSB without the divider (pretty sure I dont have it...) I booted my XP1600+ into windows running over 1.9Ghz. On this board with cheap crucial pc2100... no problems what soever.
Old 29-10-2002, 03:17 PM
Bronze Member

hmm... that's way beyond me =), my best was 171 hehehe... my processor... won't allow me to go faster =(, or maybe it's just too hot here in the philippines...
Old 30-10-2002, 06:05 AM

Potenza rep: 23
Blizzard Beast is on a distinguished road
I beive the reason is because of my process its a AGOIA, "y" week 13. because I got so high it makes me wonder if my divider works. the OC untility doesnt show it take affect and I have no way to know...
Old 30-10-2002, 07:37 AM
XeCutor

RMA it just cuz the ide-bus can't handle high speeds? I don't think they'd accept it.. I'd be better off sending it back because they failed to enable the 166mhz jumper.. Btw.. It doesn't have to be the ide-controller, it can be the hard-drives that are unable to tollerate high speeds... But since my hdd is a WD Caviar 80GB, I don't think it's likely to be that, since many have been overclocking a lot more than me with this drive. Anyway, does any1 here have any suggestions left on how to make my board work when enabling that friggin 166mhz jumper??? Chaintech have stopped being super-fast in their responses and don't seem to wanna gimme any more suggestions...
Old 30-10-2002, 06:24 PM
Bronze Member

waiting for chaintech's reply... yup same here... i'm currently communicating with one of their so-called engineers about a bios only mod that would allow the 1/5 divider...

and a new version of the o/c utility... oh well...
Old 30-10-2002, 08:02 PM
Bronze Member

well here's an explanation why no one is answering my e-mail =)

Dear Ice,

I am back!!! :D I got a day off yesterday because felt so uncomfortable.

I am going to Europe tonight so I might not be able to talk to you for a week~~~~~~
Our FAE will take good care of you. They were waiting for me to come back and answer your questions!!
They do hope to give you the best support!!

Just drop a mail to you first to let you know Barbie is still alive!! ^_^

Barbie
Old 31-10-2002, 11:06 AM
XeCutor

Angry

Was that about a bios that enables the divider just bullshit or something they actually said they were trying to develop? If they actually did manage to make one, that'd be really great.. A new oc-utility would be nice too.. The old one is, or let's say was rather buggy.. It doesn't start anymore.. It's one of the extremly few things that make my XP install crash, as soon as I try to start that program, I get a nice little blue screen..