Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > PC Problems, Mainboard and Graphics card troubleshooting > ASRock (AMD Boards)

ASRock (AMD Boards) Support forum for ASRock products. This channel is for AMD boards.

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

A7M266 vs A7A266

ASRock (AMD Boards)

Old 14-08-2001, 09:35 PM
d-one

Unhappy

Can someone enlighten me as to the reasons why the A7M costs so much more than the A7A? I was in a DDR frenzy a couple of weeks ago, and a friend of mine asked me if I wanted the A7M. I told him OK, why not? Now that I have it, I was just wondering how Asus is justifying the big difference in the price. At least with the A7A I can o/c the AMD 1.33 to over 1500 mhz without trying. The A7M barely gets over 1500 with a 1400, thanks to no multiplier settings. Someone please tell me why this board costs so much.
Old 15-08-2001, 03:57 AM
xsive

761 chipsets are more expensive to manufacture.. plus youre paying the ASUS brandname premium.

Having said that, i love my A7M. Its modded, but you dont need multiplier adjustments to overclock far. Its much more rewarding overclcking the bus, since your whole system goes faster, not just your cpu.
Invest in some good quality Crucial/Corsair memory and crank her up [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 15-08-2001, 04:40 PM
D-ONE

Smile

Xsive,You wouldn't by any chance want to share that mod with me, would ya? I'm running XP at the moment, but even with 98SE, all I could get was 1511, With a AMD 1400. I have 256 megs of Crucial 2100 ram installed. Or maybe there are some bios settings that are holding me back. Any suggestions would be appreciated. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2001, 05:29 PM
Darksome

Hey, I have the same configuration. What do you have your FSB set at? Let me know what your OC's are ok.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by xsive:
761 chipsets are more expensive to manufacture.. plus youre paying the ASUS brandname premium.

Having said that, i love my A7M. Its modded, but you dont need multiplier adjustments to overclock far. Its much more rewarding overclcking the bus, since your whole system goes faster, not just your cpu.
Invest in some good quality Crucial/Corsair memory and crank her up [img]smile.gif[/img]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

:D