Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > PC Problems, Mainboard and Graphics card troubleshooting > Extreme Overclocking, D2OL, SuperPi, 3Dmark Challenge

Extreme Overclocking, D2OL, SuperPi, 3Dmark Challenge In this sector, you can discuss abt softwares (no hacks/pirated stuff), benchmarking tools, latest softwares, Distributed Folding apps etc.

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

Distributed Folding - Team internal competition

Extreme Overclocking, D2OL, SuperPi, 3Dmark Challenge

Old 05-04-2004, 05:21 AM
Silver Member

Potenza rep: 24
Gortok is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by iggy:
get the Linux running . . .
Don't I wish!

You'll have to point me to something stupidly easy...I've looked at Knoppix, Mandrake, and a couple of others...Maybe I'm just too Window-happy. I just don't get it.
Abit NF7-S v2 (Barton)
PCChips V21G (Via C7D)
Old 05-04-2004, 06:42 AM
Silver Member

Potenza rep: 23
Tuvoc is on a distinguished road
I;ve tried many Linux distributions, and I was immediately at home with Xandros. It is very Windows-like and is an easy transition. Highly recommended. Plus it is the only distro that has so far recognised all the hardware on my machines.

Old 05-04-2004, 07:16 AM

Potenza rep: 23
garyboz is on a distinguished road
Yo, I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but bong has gone over the 1 Billion mark. A billion folds all by himself. That's very impressive.
Come join in our DC project teams and have fun! More information as below:<br /><a href=\"http://209.51.150.56/%7Egaryboswell.com/team-ocw/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">OCW DC Project Homepage</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.ocworkbench.com/ocwb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=17\" target=\"_blank\">DC Projects Discussions</a>
Old 05-04-2004, 07:45 AM
Gold Member

Potenza rep: 26
iggy is on a distinguished road
[quote]Originally posted by Gortok:
Quote:
Maybe I'm just too Window-happy. I just don't get it.
You'll just need to make a jump - start with anything you can download (recommended: Xandros, Fedora, Mandrake, LibraNet), then start playing with it. It is good idea to have another HD (5-10 GB will do nicely) in order not to disturb your current Windows install.

Start installing - disk partition is the first thing that has to be done, after that is all automatic. Then the playing time begins.

There is usually control panel, check what it says about system. Try to connect to the net, Try different applications. After that, try to understand console mode.

Few links:

http://www.linuxdocs.org/
http://www.tldp.org/
http://www.distrowatch.com/
Old 05-04-2004, 08:43 AM
Silver Member

Gortok is on a distinguished road
[Ugggg. Another one.
OK, Fedora on the way...
(I really don't mean to hijack this thread)]

Congrats to bong! :D ;)
Abit NF7-S v2 (Barton)
PCChips V21G (Via C7D)
Old 05-04-2004, 01:13 PM
Gold Member

Potenza rep: 28
grumpy is on a distinguished road
Got XP going with Task Scheduler. I had to create a password for my Admin name then assign task Scheduler to run DF as User 1 with the password used my my Admin login name
Old 05-04-2004, 09:48 PM
Silver Member

chemmajik is on a distinguished road
Hello people havent been online for awhile but unfortunately I am coming back online 7G shoould be in 2nd within a 2-3 months. No I dont have a opteron or athlon 64 yet... But I wont tell what I do have yet until we reach 2nd maybe hehehe... Need a hub & network cables first, whoa! So are output should increase as each system is added to the net, after the hub. Missed you all....
Old 05-04-2004, 11:36 PM
Gold Member

I have the white flag out ready to drop 3 places [img]tongue.gif[/img] Was hoping to pick up some cheap boxen at auction but not looking good See how things pan out :D
Old 06-04-2004, 12:10 AM
Bronze Member

Potenza rep: 22
gondo is on a distinguished road
Chemm,

Welcome back [img]smile.gif[/img]

Grumpy, what the heck are you talking about? We had you within 3.... Then you uploaded and are back to your normal 7 or 8 lead on us. You are fighting hard, and keeping up there. Good work.
Old 06-04-2004, 01:38 AM
Gold Member

You guys have too much Ghz now, look at the weekly output, not hourly or daily. 7G, DoubleNickel & mhutch all are gaining on us. Unless DViD & Friends return in the next week or so, down the ladder we go :( My Hungarian friends have been busy with University/Life and battling 56K Modem issues, and may be retired from DF, so it be just be you guys VS Grumpy for a while longer [img]tongue.gif[/img]