Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > PC Problems, Mainboard and Graphics card troubleshooting > ASRock (Intel boards)

ASRock (Intel boards) This is a brand new ASRock channel for discussion for Intel boards.

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

"out of range" on reboot with AsRock Z68 Pro3

ASRock (Intel boards)

Old 30-09-2014, 04:31 AM
Rookie

Potenza rep: 0
SeanFL is on a distinguished road
Default "out of range" on reboot with AsRock Z68 Pro3

Recently changed to a new monitor (LG 34 inch). This is the first monitor I'm feeding over displayport on an Asrock Z68 Pro 3 motherboard with Intel HD 3000 graphics. (prior dual monitors were fed over hdmi and dvi).

When I boot the system from being off, the monitor won't display anything and says "out of range." If I then put the system into standby, then wake it up, the monitor will come to life.

Have tried to change the refresh rate from 60hz to 30hz and it does the same thing. Any ideas of something else to try?

Also, are there difficulties getting bios to display when fed over DP or into a super high res monitor? It doesn't display anything on boot.

Am I just getting to the point where this 3 year old system won't play well with the newest stuff? Most recent bios from AsRock is at least a year ago. Wondering if this is a motherboard bios/driver issue, or an Intel driver issue.

Thanks for your guidance. Sean

Last edited by SeanFL : 30-09-2014 at 04:37 AM.