Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > PC Problems, Mainboard and Graphics card troubleshooting > ASRock (AMD Boards)

ASRock (AMD Boards) Support forum for ASRock products. This channel is for AMD boards.

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

Killer 990FX motherboard won't boot Windows 7 Pro

ASRock (AMD Boards)

Old 15-02-2015, 10:21 PM
Rookie

Potenza rep: 0
ian_12 is on a distinguished road
Default Killer 990FX motherboard won't boot Windows 7 Pro

Hi, new to the site. I went to ASRock website for help and it brought me here. I recently bought the mobo since my Biostar would randomly cut out (or I believe it to be the problem due to the factors). I installed it and turned it on, and I kept getting an error from Windows saying that changes have been made and it needs repaired. I go through that, and it can't fix it. It will get to the starting windows, and then give me the error. So I thought maybe something was wrong with the bios or it needed flashed. I unplugged the SSD and tried booting from the disk to update it, and it gives me the error saying I have the wrong format. It says that as if I am suppose to move the contents of the disk to a usb or floppy disk. I have no clue what is with that.

I then tried checking the bios settings and I can't see anything that would be wrong. The only thing I have heard is making sure the format for the SSD is correct, which I have no way to change. The only way I could think of changing it is to wiping it and reformatting it with this mobo in. I really hate to do that only to find that doesn't work.

My system consists of AMD 8320 black, Samsung 840 SSD 120g, G.Skill DDR3-1866 Ripjaws DC 4gbx2, Diamond Radeon HD7770, LG blu-ray/dvd/cd burner/reader
Old 15-02-2015, 10:51 PM
Rookie

Potenza rep: 0
ian_12 is on a distinguished road

Found the setting. I kept overlooking it in the advanced settings. I guess my ssd was formatted as IDE.

Old 16-02-2015, 08:01 AM
Silver Member

Potenza rep: 20
Tweakurr is on a distinguished road

so if it boots normal in IDE mode, then yes that was how it was originally formatted. Windows now a days won't read a disk with UEFI settings. I have a WD platter drive in my PC right now that won't show up unless I go back to legacy bios and not UEFI. The drive is visible in the manager console but no access to it. So a drive could be Raid 0, AHCI or IDE and if the bios does not match it will not be able to read it.

Keep Tweaking!