Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > PC Problems, Mainboard and Graphics card troubleshooting > General Mainboards/CPU/Chipsets/OC-MOD

General Mainboards/CPU/Chipsets/OC-MOD Discuss all brands of mainboard problems here. CPU/Chipset issues. Post brand specific questions in the brand channels. Subforums : ABIT, ASUS, Chaintech, EPoX, MSI, Jetway, Chipsets, Extreme Overclocking.

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

B85 Pro4 issue with a 3TB Seagate HDD

General Mainboards/CPU/Chipsets/OC-MOD

Old 01-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Rookie

Potenza rep: 0
Spawnie is on a distinguished road
Default B85 Pro4 issue with a 3TB Seagate HDD

Hello all.

I've got the B85 Pro4 since yesterday.
Before I had a 3TB HDD as an external drive connected to my old Win7 Laptop. This worked fine.

Now I tried to put this HDD into my new PC where the B85 Pro4 is installed.

When doing this I see the drive at the drive manager splitter into 3 parts. Also one part is doubled there, once as one of the three parts and additionally as an own device. Also I have no access to my files because windows wants to format the parts.

When moving back into the external chest at my laptop it works fine again, 3TB at once and my files are visible again.

I know that in the past disc sizes above ~ 2 TN caused trouble.
But since I am using Win8.1 and a modern board I thought this wouldn't be a problem anymore?

An UEFI board should be able to boot from such a disc, a simple file storage shouldn't be that problem.

Any idea what's going wrong and what I can do?

Thank you