Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > PC Problems, Mainboard and Graphics card troubleshooting > Extreme Overclocking, D2OL, SuperPi, 3Dmark Challenge

Extreme Overclocking, D2OL, SuperPi, 3Dmark Challenge In this sector, you can discuss abt softwares (no hacks/pirated stuff), benchmarking tools, latest softwares, Distributed Folding apps etc.

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

Distributed Folding - Team internal competition

Extreme Overclocking, D2OL, SuperPi, 3Dmark Challenge

Old 29-11-2002, 12:19 AM

Potenza rep: 23
[veix] is on a distinguished road
Once per month is too much. Actually every OS could be set up stable.
But i still recommend using newer nt based OS's like 2k/xp, because win9x/me were not meant for multitasking.
Nowadays, there no difference in gaming perfomance between 98/xp so, win98 is quite useless if you are not using DOS based accountacy programs or something like that.
Old 29-11-2002, 09:57 AM
Gold Member

Potenza rep: 28
grumpy is on a distinguished road
I passed the 9M mark, and for the first time broke the 500K for one day mark. ZsoKika and his team look to be going to upload lots of structures at once soon, maybe to break the 1.5 M level...be interesting to see. I have a nice lead over them at the moment, but they will upload soon, so I need a good lead. It is really hard when you get to a point in the ladder with a big gap up to the next position..seems to take forever to get there. At least a week before I get to next person..

Old 29-11-2002, 10:23 AM
Bronze Member

Alien951 is on a distinguished road
@ grumpy.......Congrats to your 9M
Same here with a big gap to next position...7M+ between me and 8th position.

Keep on folding

Alan
Old 29-11-2002, 10:40 AM

Potenza rep: 22
BennyRop is on a distinguished road
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by grumpy:
It is really hard when you get to a point in the ladder with a big gap up to the next position..seems to take forever to get there. At least a week before I get to next person..<hr></blockquote>

Ya.. The same can be said for the group standing as well, Grumpy. It was really exciting when I showed up in June/July since we were climbing through the ranks at the rate of 5 groups per week. Now it's gonna be a few months before we pop up another step unless we manage to get everyone in the team folding a bit more, and increase our ranks as well. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 29-11-2002, 11:44 AM
Gold Member

Your battle with Astute33 is a good one Alien951, and I see you will catch Bgleason in 2072..lots of luck [img]tongue.gif[/img]

BennyRop, you have a few people catching up to you, I think you should find another PC to help you. How many machine ya got?? I am thinking of scrapping together a 1.3 Duron or a 1800 XP, have some bits let over, and I have 2 spare spots on my KVM switch ;)

It is sad we cannot get more members, the other teams have secured more players of late and our gain rate has slowed to a crawl. We need at least another 1.5M a day to make a difference, that is about a XP2000 from 10 people 24/7, or 15 people with a Duron 1.3.

We have 16000 Forum members for crying out load. 1% of that (160) doing 7000 a day would do it. It is very frustrating. I don't expect any improvement, we have asked and asked, no one is intereted :(
Old 29-11-2002, 12:32 PM
Bronze Member

Alien951 is on a distinguished road
@ grumby,
well I just checked the stats........Bgleason would be in 2035....at that time I will be 79 and if still around probably not in front of a PC.
My battle with Astute33 isn't really a battle....I'm just folding along trying to keep my daily output at the same level.I do slow down during the night,turning off 2 of my 3 rigs(otherwise my wife will have me put into a white jacket and tie my arms on my back). :D
My goal now are the next 2 positions in front of me....maybe some others will stop folding like SpazMan(hopefully not) :(

Keep on folding

Alan

Edit:
with stats changing every hour,I'll catch Bgleason in 2023.......LOL,guess I'll get him then. :D
Old 29-11-2002, 03:51 PM

Potenza rep: 22
BennyRop is on a distinguished road
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by grumpy:

BennyRop, you have a few people catching up to you, I think you should find another PC to help you. How many machine ya got?? I am thinking of scrapping together a 1.3 Duron or a 1800 XP, have some bits let over, and I have 2 spare spots on my KVM switch ;)
<hr></blockquote>

I left on vacation for 3.5 weeks, and my well corrupted Win2k system died after a measely 30k units. One of the machines at work got rebooted, and the 3rd machine at work really slowed down when the time change kicked in and the message sat on the screen for 3 weeks. *grumble grumble*

I still only have 3 machines running DF; my home AXP 1800+, an AXP 1700+ at work (that gets used), and my Duron 1.3G at work (which just got upgraded to an AXP 2400+) which only runs DF 24/7.

There's only one person behind me that currently has a chance at catching up - a certain person by the name of Grumpy. ;) Another 5 days when my daily ouput is all in the 400k/day range, and those takeover dates will be more realistic.

I was depressed to see a Duron 1.3ghz (on a clean win98 system with no Nav, running in quiet mode) get 115k/day, while the AXP 2400+ is only getting about 165k/day on that same hardware and same settings.

Every time we got a mention on the main page, we would end up with a few more folders trying this out. And then some of them would get the bug.. and fold like mad. If we got mentioned every 50 mil, that would help. Or a permanent advertisement on the main page for the discussion here. Some kind of challenge to see how far someone has gone in a week to encourage everyone in the 16,000 userbase here to take part would be nice.

The people in the top 10 of the group have about 50% of the production.. the rest of the 150 users on the team are responsible for the other 50%. It'd be nice to get most of those active, and folding some more, so we can get into the top 10. (We've managed to pass a few groups, and then annoy them to the point where they really built up their production.. take Sun for example - they were such an easy conquest at the time. [img]smile.gif[/img]

(a large group of single machine folders is just as important as the collection of multi-machine folders at the top).
Old 29-11-2002, 05:19 PM
Gold Member

Dont ya just hate those 1.3 Durons. My 1800XP on XP Pro gets 120K a day..The 1.3 Duron seems the best bet if you want to build a cheap folding box..Duron 1.3 is AU $100 Retail 115K folds, Xp2000 is $175 Retail 145K folds. Mad as hell
Old 29-11-2002, 05:59 PM
Uranium Member

Potenza rep: 10
Astute33 has disabled reputation
Cool

We are reaching 1B soon, I will post a news article when that happens... however, I can't post DF articles too often as other news are also as important.

As for our team, everyone is doing great, as long as we keep up our effort, the others will join back as we move along...

As for promoting DF, the DFGUI is a nice benchmarking tool to compare system performance and stress systems for stability. This can be used as a selling point to get more members... ;)

Just post your system scores and challenge others (especially overclockers) to beat you. :D
Old 30-11-2002, 02:10 AM
Gold Member

We are having a "find Veix and spank him bad party", bring your own wooden paddle. We Know who you are Fried Moron [img]tongue.gif[/img]