Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > PC Problems, Mainboard and Graphics card troubleshooting > Chaintech

Chaintech Post your questions on Chaintech products here.

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

Chaintech S1689 Mobo

Chaintech

Old 02-09-2005, 01:19 AM
Rookie

Potenza rep: 0
traken is on a distinguished road
I got the AMD 64 x2 3800+, and wit the latest bios from chaintech, I have 2x 1gb dimms of Corsair Value Select DDR 400, running at DDR 400.
However with the stock cooler and the CPU at stock speeds,
I am getting an Idle cpu temp of 50C, and load temp of 65C.
As I understand CPU Critical temp is 71C.
Anyone have any Ideas as to why?
I have 2 case fans 1 in and 1 out,
PSU is Vigor 400W w/ 2 fans.
Help is appreciated.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:20 AM
Rookie

well i think this may be a legit cooling issue,
installing a new fan on the side of the case to
increase cool air flowing into the case

Old 06-09-2005, 05:32 AM
Rookie

??? does anyone post here?
Old 25-10-2005, 09:25 AM
Rookie

Taimaster is on a distinguished road
Yeah... on occasion.
As far as temps i havent a clue about the X2's.
Mine (3700+) out of the box ran at about 40C at idle.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:34 PM
Rookie

Benny Blanco is on a distinguished road
Just got my setup. I still have air cooling until my Swiftech water block arrives, but it's running 28C idle and 37C load with everything stock using speedfan. Sure beat my 2700+ Athlon which was 50C idle. Bad case ventillation usually only adds about 5C to your temps from my experience. I'm not sure what's wrong. Try mounting the heatsink again and run the pc with the case open.
Tagan 480W PSU<br />2XSeagate Baracuda 250GB SATA Raid 0<br />2X Maxtor 300GB IDE<br />AMD 3800+ X2<br />Corsair Twin XMS 3200 1024<br />ATI AIW 800XT<br />Asrock Dual 939<br />Swiftech Cooling in Mail
Old 09-12-2005, 07:14 AM
Bronze Member

Potenza rep: 21
uddarts is on a distinguished road
sometimes the sensor info and the bios aren't calibrated right. if the temps drops more than 4º when the side cover is removed then i usually work on better case fans.

bottom line, how many puters around the world are humming right along with 2 pounds of dust in them. :D

ud
Old 10-12-2005, 08:35 AM

Potenza rep: 20
Anti-Capitalism is on a distinguished road
Have you checked your rails? It may be your PSU isn't supplying enough power to your fans as it's struggling elsewhere.

I've just had the same symptoms where my CPU/Chipset temps suddenly rose by several degrees.

Unfortunately I had to buy a new PSU as my 12v/3.3v & 5v rails were struggling under load especially. The new PSU sorted it...not before it took my chipset fan out though.

Just a suggestion so no telling me I'm wrong(it wasn't for me) or my name's too long etc!

Hope this helps :)
Old 10-04-2006, 10:21 PM
Rookie

JulieMcCoy is on a distinguished road
It's cheap but it will put you through enough hell that it is not worth it. I bought it was bez I didn't want to get one with a PCI-E slot for graphic card yet.

The BIOS sucks- I have 2GB of PC3200 DDR400 Corsair RAM installed but the board would only read it at DDR333. I had came cross a few posting that you would have to change the setting from the BIOS.

I have been going at it for a whilst and I am so close to ripping it out of the case and throw it out the window. So if anyone who could help PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do post the info or email me.

BIOS not have the option for you to change the voltage on the RAM which limit on OC and setting it to read at the right speed. (Since I am only an amatuer at DIY, I might be missing something here)

I tired to OC the CPU speed/FSB and when I had it at almost 2000MHz core, 218Mhz Bus. Everest benchmark showed my RAM speed went up from Dual PC2600 to PC2800/2900. But I having the CPU and RAM speed ratio at a 5:4 rather than 1:1. So that is no good anyway.

You will have to use a software like Everest/etc to figure out what is the default/auto/SPD setting that the mobo/bios read from the RAM. When you switch it from Auto to Manual, the BIOS won't show you what it had it on default.

There is only 2 USB port on the board below the PS/2 port. There are additional USB headers.

Manual that comes with the MOBO or on Chaintech site is not helpful.

FYI to those who might have problem installing a SATA HDD like I did when I was building mine, you have to get the newer BIOS to get it working.

MOBO only have 2 temp readings and fan speed monitoring. One fan speed is for the CPU and the other is the one name sys fan. You can only get the temp reading in BIOS I have tried a handful of software and none was able to give me the right temp read. After I run my pc for a whilst and i would reboot and go into bios. I will generally have one read at 34-35 deg(assuming for CPU), and the other always seem to be -55.
Chainteck S1689 MOBO. AMD 64 3000+ 1.8Ghz Venice Core. (939)<br />ATI Redeon 9600 256MB AGP,<br />Seagate SATA 300GB<br />Corsair Value RAM- 512MB * 4, PC3200 DDR400 <br />Antec SmartPower 500W Modular
Old 11-04-2006, 04:58 AM
Bronze Member

Potenza rep: 21
uddarts is on a distinguished road
what bios are you using?

ud