Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > PC Problems, Mainboard and Graphics card troubleshooting > Chaintech

Chaintech Post your questions on Chaintech products here.

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

Chaintech 7NJL6 Motherboard Issues

Chaintech

Old 09-04-2006, 03:06 PM
Rookie

Potenza rep: 0
AMDGUY is on a distinguished road
Hello everyone, I currently have a new Chaintech 7NJL6 Socket A Motherboard that I bought and upon installing XP Pro I went into the Bios and realized that there is a Frequency/Voltage section I could go to, well I went to the that section(frequency/voltage) and found out that there was no voltage for me to play with, along with NO VCORE OR VDIMM OR MULTIPLIERS!! I searched the chaintech website and found out my motherboard had the newest bios out there it being 2.0.I have a barton 2500(unlocked) installed in it along with 512mb dual channel memory and a thermaltake volcano 12 extreme heatsink and fan. I want to also view the TEMPS which im sure the motherboard can tell me but it won't, and I also want to up the VCORE and vdimm,Can anyone and I mean ANYONE help me out,I don't feel comfortable doing a pinmod, but i would feel safer with a bios mod or a bios made for my motherboard that would allow me to gain access to those features,any and all help is greatly appreciated. If anyone needs more info feel free to let me know. thanks again for any help that I can get...
Old 10-04-2006, 01:22 AM
Bronze Member

Potenza rep: 21
uddarts is on a distinguished road
all dressed up and no where to go. :D

that board was produced to go in prebuilds.

i think speedfan will give you the cpu temp. i have asked a dozen times of people with the board what shows up but no reply. so i can't tell you for certain. with that volcano on it, your cpu probably needs some wool socks right now. have you tried setting things up to run 11x200 at 1:1 fsb? if so run prime95 to test stability.

http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm

what memory do you have?

there isn't a modded bios that i'm aware of. your going to have to work if you want to oc much. pin mod isn't realy that hard. you just have to take your time.

if you decide to do the pin mod, i can give a few pointers.

ud

Old 11-04-2006, 05:02 AM
Rookie

Potenza rep: 0
AMDGUY is on a distinguished road
Hey uddarts, thanks for the reply man, as for the barton being overclocked to a 3200 with 11x200 i tried that and i would continously restart on me, the only way i can get the thing stable is if i crank the voltage up to 1.75 or 1.80, or even 1.85, i beleive i had it on 1.75 or 1.80 on my previous asus board which bit the dust. as for the memory I got it at a place called canada computers..its KINGMAX 512x2 with the following numbers from everest, 2.5,4,4,8(MPXB62D-38KT3R-FHA)they are both running in dual channel, I have a zalman 400watt psu which is more than enough horsepower than i need, the asus board i had the barton in was a via chipset(YUCK)and i wanted nforce2 and dual channel, so i knew i would be giving up something when i bought the board, but i was willing to work threw it..as for the pin mod as much as im sure that would do it, and people say its easy if you take your time but i really don't feel comfortable doing it, i like to rely on a bios or software for the voltages and such, but thanks man for offering to give me a few pointers..I have used speed fan and i am getting 3 temps (LOCAL 28, REMOTE 30, HD 13) im not sure which one is the cpu or motherboard. I tried everest home and it doesn't say anything about temps. im still looking for a bios for this motherboard that fixes my issues..at the moment my machine runs at 11x167mhz(wow 1.84ghz upgrade 1mhz increase..lol) its stable as far as prime95 is. but my real aim is 3200 nothing more nothing less. i'll be checking this post everyday hopefully...I look forward to more info from everyone...thanks again everyone..