Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > PC Problems, Mainboard and Graphics card troubleshooting > Extreme Overclocking, D2OL, SuperPi, 3Dmark Challenge

Extreme Overclocking, D2OL, SuperPi, 3Dmark Challenge In this sector, you can discuss abt softwares (no hacks/pirated stuff), benchmarking tools, latest softwares, Distributed Folding apps etc.

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

Protein 126

Extreme Overclocking, D2OL, SuperPi, 3Dmark Challenge

Old 09-07-2004, 02:22 PM

Potenza rep: 21
MadMax is on a distinguished road
My last update was correct to the point. I'm
going to keep an eye out. I did check my handles
several times. That's what I thought was
happening, using the default handle, since I
switched back and forth a few times. I have
been sending 126 points, no old protein points.
I sent in about 350k of protein 145 points right before I changed over and that was the end of the old ones.

Actually everything has been going especially
smooth with this protein. This is the only thing
I've run into. I think mixing these two versions together had something to do with this problem.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:47 PM
Silver Member

Potenza rep: 24
Gortok is on a distinguished road
Yeah...your handles have to be OK since there are NO points attributed to TeamEffort on current protein yet...

All good! FOLD ON! [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D

Old 09-07-2004, 10:27 PM
Gold Member

Potenza rep: 26
iggy is on a distinguished road
The first working version of Starter Pack was up for download for about 4 hours, until I exchanged it with the proper, 30,000 Gen0 version.

I started with old version and when new was available, I just switched to a new one, without loosing any work or points.

Auto-Update had proper version all the time.

Anyway, the client is running smoothly, auto-update went very well, there hasn't been any problems with error 910 - this changeover was pretty painless.

Fortunatelly, PFB and I were able to prevent major catastrophy - who knows what would have happened otherwise!
Old 10-07-2004, 05:45 AM

Potenza rep: 22
pfb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by iggy:
Fortunatelly, PFB and I were able to prevent major catastrophy - who knows what would have happened otherwise!
did you get any feedback from Elena? I've got none - and no feedback about the testing of new clients either...

They should realise people will run the new client early if it is released early (remember the posts over the 'early' release of the 58 protein)...

I suppose we can just be unofficial testers for the clients they release early - but some feedback would be nice [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2004, 10:37 AM
Gold Member

I got this reply from her yesterday:

Quote:
As you have probably noted on the forum, this was fixed before the update was released. Thank you for the timely warning.
I dont think it is problem if people get the update early, and start running with new protein/client, as it eases the load on their servers during the changeover, and gives the whole project more work done (that is actually calculated).

I'd like them to scrap the grace period after the changeover, though, as it doesn't help.

As for running faster proteins one day before the actual changeover and getting "unfair" advantage, it is just a MicePoo. As Howard (and me) pointed out, everyone can get Daemon running and extract the updates, but the majority just can't be bothered - they want everything on the plate.

I guess that official DF staff standing is that no beta testing is needed, as the majority of updates do go smoothly.

Unofficially, we can always test the updates if available in a timely maner through mirror/Daemon, and let them know if something is wrong. Maybe if a lot of errors/problems are found, they will change their stance towards pre-testing.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:53 AM
Silver Member

So, there you have it! You guys are now the official unofficial pre-test beta testers!! :D (Say that three times real fast... [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

At least you got a "thank you"... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2004, 11:58 AM

Potenza rep: 22
pfb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by iggy:
Unofficially, we can always test the updates if available in a timely maner through mirror/Daemon, and let them know if something is wrong. Maybe if a lot of errors/problems are found, they will change their stance towards pre-testing.[/QB]
That's the stance I'm taking - hopefully they will realise that some of us actually want (and can) help them [img]smile.gif[/img]

The grace period is biased towards fast->slow proteins but not slow->fast...24 hours/1 working day should be enough (and shift changeovers to Tuesday/Wednesday at the most)...

Looking forward to the next update (probably Tuesday/Wednesday next week)...

Oh well, least you got a response
Old 11-07-2004, 08:13 AM
Silver Member

Congrats to Max and Gumby for their 2.204!
THAT'll getcha a Top 10. :D
Old 12-07-2004, 08:06 AM

Potenza rep: 21
MadMax is on a distinguished road
Shortchanged again ! Sent in 478k points and
101,166 thrown away. The entire output of one
of my computers. I watched it transmit and no
sign of errors. I re-uploaded that one computer and it didn't register the second time either, even though it transmitted again without apparent
error. This is getting annoying.

I'm the only one, huh ??
Old 12-07-2004, 09:51 AM
Gold Member

That is pretty strange - noone else has reported similar problem.

Do you have the error log from the beggining of folding with this protein? It would be good if you could post it, as it could shed some light onto what is happening.

The only problem I can think of that you might have is either *.min.val corrupt or missing, or error 910 (missing previous generation). In both cases it should be possible to upload the rest of the generations.