Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > PC Problems, Mainboard and Graphics card troubleshooting > Graphics cards, HDD, SSD, DDR3/4 and Peripherals

Graphics cards, HDD, SSD, DDR3/4 and Peripherals Discussion area for PC Peripherals including graphics card, HDD, SSD, monitors, sound cards, ram etc

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

Microphone won't work on new computer.. Heres what i've tried. Maybe you can help?

Graphics cards, HDD, SSD, DDR3/4 and Peripherals

Old 22-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Rookie

Potenza rep: 0
Hellhound38 is on a distinguished road
Default Microphone won't work on new computer.. Heres what i've tried. Maybe you can help?

I give up so im asking for help. I can't get a mic to work on my new computer. Sound Does work. Board- Asrock 870 Extreme 3, geforce 8800 gtx, amd phenon x2, 4gigs ram(2x2).

Tried both Front and Back Mic panels. Sound works for both front and back panels.
I tested the mic in all cases using Recording Device settings, (watching the level indicator), and ventrillo. I tested using 2 different headsets that both work on another computer. I tested in Windows 7 64 bit , windows 7 32 bit, and in Ubuntu. Sound worked in all cases but no mic. Latest direct x, tried tons of other drivers chipset for example, tried a bunch of BIOS options and updated to latest bios. Tried disabling the onboard audio in bios, tried disabling / unplugging the front panel audio, tried disabling and enabling every recording device in the audio manager, tried to Mic boost / mic boost +30, tried listening to it, tried changing the sampling rate, tried raising its volume / muting it / unmuting. Tried removing one of my 2, 2 gig ram sticks, tried changing their slots.

I tried Three different drivers the autoinstalled ones from windows 7 64x, then the ones from the Asrock Cd, and then the latest ones from realtek website.

Second I took the soundcard from my old computer (which works), creative live gamer, latest drivers from website, hooked up front panel, sound works mic levels wont move.

For a third and final attempt i bought a USB headset adaptor, and again the sound worked but not the mic. Anyone any ideas? im so stuck.