Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > PC Problems, Mainboard and Graphics card troubleshooting > ASRock (Intel boards)

ASRock (Intel boards) This is a brand new ASRock channel for discussion for Intel boards.

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

Z87E-ITX: UEFI bugs & mSATA Slot Not Working

ASRock (Intel boards)

Old 17-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Rookie

Potenza rep: 0
Synomenon is on a distinguished road
Default Z87E-ITX: UEFI bugs & mSATA Slot Not Working

Got a new system setup with the Z87E-ITX. The mSATA slot isn't working properly though. If I screw the mSATA SSD down, the Z87E-ITX won't detect it. If I let the mSATA SSD unscrewed (flipped up) the Z87E-ITX does detect it.

I tried another mSATA SSD and it's exhibiting the same problem as the first mSATA SSD I tried using. The mSATA slot only worked intermittently. The mSATA SSD had to be inserted a certain way and angled a certain way for it to be detected and this happened on two separate Z87E-ITX boards. I have that 500GB mSATA SSD in a laptop now and it is working just fine.

Also on the Z77E-ITX, when a mSATA SSD was in the slot, the UEFI would show it in the system browser. In the Z87E-ITX, if a mSATA SSD is in the slot, the system browser will show the slot as empty, but SATA port 4 in use by the SSD. I guess this is because SATA port 4 and the mSATA slot share that port. If a mSATA SSD is in the slot, both the mSATA slot and SATA port 4 should show as being in use.

Another issue I'm have with the BIOS / UEFI is with the Power on w/ PS/2 Keyboard feature. With every other brand of motherboard I've had, there were options to power on w/ PS/2 Keyboard not with just the press of any key (as it is now with the Z77E-ITX / Z87E-ITX), but with key combos like Ctrl+Esc or Ctrl+Enter.

Also, when I connect an eSATA dock (with a drive inserted into it) to the board's eSATA port, the system browser does not show anything plugged into that port. When I go to the page that shows the SATA ports where you can configure each one as hot-swappable, the drive in the dock does appear there.

Anyone else experience these issues? I've already upgraded to the latest available BIOS / UEFI for the Z87E-ITX and these problems persist.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:57 AM
Rookie

Potenza rep: 0
Synomenon is on a distinguished road

Bump...