Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > PC Problems, Mainboard and Graphics card troubleshooting > Graphics cards, HDD, SSD, DDR3/4 and Peripherals

Graphics cards, HDD, SSD, DDR3/4 and Peripherals Discussion area for PC Peripherals including graphics card, HDD, SSD, monitors, sound cards, ram etc

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

Interesting Question

Graphics cards, HDD, SSD, DDR3/4 and Peripherals

Old 14-06-2001, 04:27 AM
Jammin

I haven't seen any of Victor's interesting and philosophical posts for a while so I will interject this one.

What is the future of gaming? I myself am beginning to get bored because there are no new genres of games. When Warcraft came out, I loved it because it was the first of its kind. When Doom came out I loved it because it was the first of its kind. I loved Unreal and games like that because of the Multiplayer. What kind of games are there to come?

I have always thought that gaming would move towards Virtual Reality but it has been slow to do it. Virtual Reality was more popular 5 years ago it seems. With the graphics processors and Computer Processing power these days I think that a pretty nice Virtual Reality system at an affordable price could become reality.
What do you guys think?

Jammin
Old 21-06-2001, 08:06 AM
Victor Green

quote:
Originally posted by Jammin:
I haven't seen any of Victor's interesting and philosophical posts for a while so I will interject this one.

What is the future of gaming?... I have always thought that gaming would move towards Virtual Reality but it has been slow to do it. Virtual Reality was more popular 5 years ago it seems. With the graphics processors and Computer Processing power these days I think that a pretty nice Virtual Reality system at an affordable price could become reality.
What do you guys think?

Jammin

Thanks for the kind complement. I do not know that much about the future of gaming. But with your obvious creative flair, why don't you get involved in creating or perfecting your vision of a new game?

As for me, my virtual-reality girlfriend has kept me so busy that I have little time to philosophize these days, so I have to pick my spots. :D

Regards,

Victor