Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > PC Problems, Mainboard and Graphics card troubleshooting > Extreme Overclocking, D2OL, SuperPi, 3Dmark Challenge

Extreme Overclocking, D2OL, SuperPi, 3Dmark Challenge In this sector, you can discuss abt softwares (no hacks/pirated stuff), benchmarking tools, latest softwares, Distributed Folding apps etc.

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

dx8 game: postal 2

Extreme Overclocking, D2OL, SuperPi, 3Dmark Challenge

Old 05-07-2003, 01:13 PM
Silver Member

Potenza rep: 23
shmeehaghick16 is on a distinguished road
based off of the unreal game engine, postal 2 is now one of my favorite games of all time. based on the character "postal dude", is a very, let's say, a very violent, vulgar and un-politically correct game. to warn you if you are easily offended by language or minority/racial conflict, do not buy or try the demo of this game. don't say anyone didn't warn you, because even the company that made it (running with scissors) says in a little blurb before the game starts, "we(rws) beleive that violent and offensive behavior belongs in video games and that we advise you not to take example from any actions in the game into real life" (quote isn't exact, there's alot more in there). now, back to the game itself.

the storyline of the game is based off of postal dude's week full of erands(that's what i said). and along his way he has to pick up various things(mike,check,napalm [img]smile.gif[/img] ) to make his wife happy at the end of each day. it lasts from monday-friday, and the days just get worse for postal dude. along the way you have your basic enemies(cops, swat and the general public) along with the more fierce enemies (taliban, protesters, postal workers and butchers). and to combat these people you have a wide array of weapons: your basic guns, rocket launcher, gas and matches, shovel, etc. there are ways to heal yourself if you get hurt through basic medkits, a "health" pipe, and food that you can buy or steal.

this game kind of reminds me of gta3 but you don't get to drive any cars, but you can create tons of mayhem throughout the streets. the things that caught me were how realistic the people are for such an old game engine, and how wonderfully beautiful landscape of the game. there is one scene that eats up a ton of video memory (my uncle pays it and it lags his ti4400 a good amount, while it eats my mx420's memory for breakfast).

if you like sensless violence, offenssive language, and can stand not being politically correct while playing this game, it's for you to try out. if you are none of the above, i recommend you donnot even try the demo of it, because it is pretty edgy.

now, i'm off to go play it again but in a harder skill level, plus after you beat the game, it just gets funner and funner. good gamin', more reviews are around the corner, just as soon as i can beat the damn things [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2003, 04:28 PM
Bronze Member

applicator is on a distinguished road
I saw a few reviews already for this game.....does look intersesting, but mind you I like Vice City and playing the golf course with "old fogies" and taking there money(with the nine iron across the head of course)!!!

Can you beat up on Gary Coleman in this.....I've seen his pic in the game?

Old 05-07-2003, 07:09 PM
Silver Member

shmeehaghick16 is on a distinguished road
haha, yea gary cloeman's in it, one of the erands is to get his autograph and his book. it's wicked funny to watch what he does after you get his autograph.

stealing money is easy, all you have to do is walk up to a group of people, splash some gas on 'em and then just sit back and watch. or you can use the nightstick that you get from the cops [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2003, 10:48 AM
Bronze Member

applicator is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by shmeehaghick16:
stealing money is easy, all you have to do is walk up to a group of people, splash some gas on 'em and then just sit back and watch. or you can use the nightstick that you get from the cops [img]smile.gif[/img]
Okay so you get throw gas on people......I'm definatley picking this game up then......"cranks up Metallica's Jump in the Fire"
Old 07-07-2003, 05:19 AM
Bronze Member

TGA78 is on a distinguished road
Yea the game is quite sick and twisted. You will either love it or hate it. I personally loved it ran through the game twice. I hope to try out the MP patch for it someday soon.

Another good way to get money is to put a silencer (cat) on the shotgun and then put it to someone’s head. If done in there home the blood will shoot up hit the roof and then drip back down to the floor, A cat on the end of the AR sounds funny as heck too but they don’t last too long.

I don’t use the gas too often. Mostly just to aid in my getaway when I rob the bank.

Some things in the game are dual use. For instance if you chose to smoke the catnip rather then gets cats with it you get the bullet time effect.

Beware of the SWAT guys they are really nasty. I find grenades to be very helpful against them.

Oh and when people shoot at you with the rocket launcher you can shot down the rocket.