Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > PC Problems, Mainboard and Graphics card troubleshooting > General Mainboards/CPU/Chipsets/OC-MOD

General Mainboards/CPU/Chipsets/OC-MOD Discuss all brands of mainboard problems here. CPU/Chipset issues. Post brand specific questions in the brand channels. Subforums : ABIT, ASUS, Chaintech, EPoX, MSI, Jetway, Chipsets, Extreme Overclocking.

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

Bluetooth LAN Access

General Mainboards/CPU/Chipsets/OC-MOD

Old 11-02-2003, 03:52 AM
Rookie

Potenza rep: 0
rennified is on a distinguished road
I have two Win2K systems (one desktop and one laptop) both of them have a MSI Bluetooth USB adapter attached. Because I own a 7650 I bought one, yet I thought a second one would be handy to create an internet share for the laptop. I want to internet on that laptop and possible even work on the lan with shared drives etc. I have the 1.2.2.15 software on both machines. I can access the Bluetooth Shared Folders on both machines, so they can connect through Bluetooth.
OK, so that works, now comes the tricky part. I read ALL the manuals and tips I could find (like ocworkbench etc.) and I could NOT get the Internet share or the LAN operative. I know creating a real LAN connections was not really the intention, but I found enough succesful tales on an operative Internet share and a normal connection. So it should be possible.

My 'server' has an LAN internet connection with Internet sharing. My 'client' laptop has an icon for LAN Access When clicking this it pops-up a screen for login. I have created an account with admin rights on the server. I enter the login data and press enter. It pops up a screen authenticating to the network. THIS GIVES A TIME-OUT 718 . . . so probably there is a problem with something called PPP. I have spent many hours trying to get the connection. I can't get it to work . .

how can I get my LAN Access ???

thanks in advance,

René

[email protected]