Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > Special Interest Groups > Windows 10 Tech Support Forum

Windows 10 Tech Support Forum Windows 10 Tech Support Forum.

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

What to do when forgot Windows server 2008 password?

Windows 10 Tech Support Forum

Old 01-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Rookie

Potenza rep: 0
Croline is on a distinguished road
Default What to do when forgot Windows server 2008 password?

Hello, well I forgot my Windows Server 2008 Password. Since two days I have tried almost every bootable disk but failed to reset the password. Is there any other way to reset windows 2008 domain password as my whole network has stopped?

Well, whenever you forgot Windows server 2008 password, take it easy, and try to remember the password. Here, I concluded the following two practical tricks; hopefully it solves your problem.

Trick 1: DIY a password reset disk for windows 2008 domain password

In this situation, the only choice left for you is to use Windows Password Key Enterprise to reset the forgotten domain administrator password.

Windows Password Key Enterprise is an efficient Windows password reset tool. With this application, you can instantly reset lost domain administrator in 4 simple steps.

1. Download and install Windows Password Key Enterprise.

2. Burn a bootable password reset disk with USB/CD/DVD.

3. Boot your 2008 server from the bootable disk by changing the BIOS setup.

4. Reset domain administrator password within a few clicks under Windows XP.

The whole process will cost you no more than 5 minutes. After password reset, all your computer data and settings are kept intact, without any damage.

Trick 2: Use windows 2008 installation to reset windows 2008 domain password

1. Boot up the server using the install DVD, use the “Repair your computer” option when setup starts. Gain access to the command line by doing the following

rename the Utilman.exe file, to Utilman.old or .bak

2. Make a copy of Cmd.exe and rename it Utilman.exe (if you are a domain admin, surely you would not embarrass yourself by asking me where Utilman.exe is located or how to rename or copy a file using the command line)

3. Restart the server and press the superkey+U (that is, press the key with the Windows logo and the “U” key at the same time) at the login screen. This will bring up the command line window.
Reset the domain admin password using the “NET USER” option (NET USER <admin account> <new password>
(where admin account is whatever you renamed the administrator account to and password is the new password for the account. If you did not rename the administrator account, then it is NET USER administrator <new password>)

4. Exit out of the command line and try logging in. That should do it.

5. Reboot the server with the Windows Server 2008 DVD and undo the changes.

The above two tricks are the most popular to reset windows 2008 password, pick up a good way next time you meet this tricky problem.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:20 PM
Rookie

alexvez08 is on a distinguished road
Default Reset forgot password for windows server 2008

Hi,
You must first use one of the password resetting tools available on the Forgot Administrator's Password? page. But you need to have the local administrator's password to perform the above steps. If you have, you can set your password.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Rookie

taileluo is on a distinguished road

2008 password? I know 2 types of the password.
1. Local password
2. Domain password

Which do you mean?
What can you do if you [URL="http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com/forgot-windows-7-password.htm"][B]forgot Windows 7 Password[/B][/URL]? Do you want to [URL="http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com/reset-windows-7-password.htm"][B]reset Windows 7 Password[/B][/URL]?