Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > Special Interest Groups > Windows 10 Tech Support Forum

Windows 10 Tech Support Forum Windows 10 Tech Support Forum.

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

Win 7 Ultimate problem

Windows 10 Tech Support Forum

Old 26-12-2009, 06:48 AM
Rookie

Potenza rep: 0
jrealing is on a distinguished road
Default Win 7 Ultimate problem

Gigabyte GA-MA-790X-UD4P
XFX HD 4850 1GB
Western Digital WDC WD250
Hitachi HDP7250
LG DVD/CD burner
2 Super Talent 2GB mem moduals
2 Super Talent 1GB mem moduals
Alpine 3 1/2 Drive
Antec EW 750 power supply
Antec 900 II Case
Audigy II Sound card

Both hd's are partioned, each partions are 119 GB each. I have Win XP pro (32) on my WD (C), I store new drivers on D partion. On my Hitachi I installed (F) Win XP pro. (64). On the G partion I stored new drivers for my XP pro. 64.

Now the problem, I got Win 7 Ultimate for Xmas, So I cleared out my G partion, Installed the Ultimate 64 on my G partion, every thing went good with one thing it didn't have drivers for my sound card (Audigy II), I found that alittle funny as the prerelease asked if I wanted to search the net. This time it didn't, but other then that every thing seam fine. Well when I rebooted my system after seeing that thing seam to go right. My boot screen came up asked if I wanted to boot Win 7 or older Windows, I booted into Win 7 (64). That is when things went wrong, Win 7 reported that it was missing a Divice driver. Then it instructed me to boot from the cd to fix problem. Well each time I tried, it would tell me the same thing then reboot. So I dissided to Format the G partion and reinstall Win 7. So I booted into window XP pro (64) attemted to format the G partion, well it got to the end of the process and then reported It couldn't format G drive. So I tried it booting up the system disk (Win 7 64) opt for formating partion before installation. Well it would get to the point of about 99.9% done. Then it would state that it couldn't format the partion. Stop at this point. goes back to the screen to opt for another partion. Well I choose to quit out and search the net for a answer, with no luck. Even microsoft, didn't have an answer. So if any one else has had this problem and solved it please let me know or point me in the right direction.

I did install the prerelease Win 7 on this partion last month with out any problems. So Im at lose as to why the released version is having problem. My Hitachi is only 3 months old and up to now hasn't given me any problems what so ever.
Old 26-12-2009, 07:45 AM

toematoe is on a distinguished road

A fren of mine had similar issue too.
end up buying a hdd with no partition. installed it and now is fine.

suspect is a hdd issue or a boot.ini issue.
one of the reason why I dont partition my hdd. (waste of space + management is a hassle)

Old 26-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Rookie

Thanks toematoe, I'll check the boot.ini and see what looks different. Its been awhile since I did any mods on the boot.ini
Old 26-12-2009, 09:07 AM
The one

Potenza rep: 10
bluetooth has disabled reputation

You should install Windows 7 direct from the CD. There should be a phase where it asked you which partitiion to install. Instead of direct install, do a remove partition (of the partition where you want it to be install). Recreate that partition and format it.

Install it in the new empty partition. It should have no issues.
and Join our Facebook Fan page at
http://www.facebook.com/ocworkbenchconnect
Old 26-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Rookie

Bluetooth
That was one of my thought, So now that some else thinks it a good idea I'll give it a try. Just for others, I seen on win7forum that like vista win7 doesn't use boot.ini. plus I didn't see any ref. to win7 in any of the boot.ini or backups. thank guys for the help so far.
Old 27-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Rookie

Default Thanks for the help!

Bluetooth, toematoe, as it is and always was I was able to find Help on ocworkbench.

Here is what happen: I inserted the disk as bluetooth said I recreate that partition and format it. Thanks bluetooth, I now have my partition back. But with every Fix, Some thing new can pop up. I've tryed to install win7 back on to the drive, but when it get to the first reset, the only option I have is boot win 7 which come up with the previous install win7 tells me there is a error insert system disk, of which is aready in. Tryed rebooting but it still comes up the same as previous sentance. So Im going to not install, take it back and exchange it for a new disk. Just alittle histroy I got win XP when it first came out (I lived in germany, so I ordered the english verson). Well low and beholded my CD was bad, I exchanged it and everything went fine. So wish me luck.

Again thanks for the help, Toematoe thanks as your Idea, it lead me to something I didn't know. But now Im enlighted. Bluetooth, you don't remember me from the Old days (ecs A7S5A thread) but you pointed me in the right direction then and you got me back on track some 8 years later.
Your a pro my friend. Thanks! John
Old 27-12-2009, 11:34 AM
The one

Did you press space bar to say "boot from CDROM" and set boot from CDROM in your BIOS/
Old 28-12-2009, 12:33 AM
Rookie

Bluetooth,

Yes I did, and I have to options when comes to booting, either change it in bios or hit f12 and there I can select from which device I want to boot, i.e. HD, cdrom, usb device and so on. I know now that the CD isn't the problem, I installed it on my friends Computer (he already has win7 and only win7 so it went with out a hitch, removed it then reinstalled his system disk). Im going to pick up a new HD and install it on to the new drive. Now all I need to do is figure out how to take out the boot win7 or old windows option in the boot menu

Last edited by jrealing : 28-12-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:01 AM
Rookie

merchantcash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetooth View Post
You should install Windows 7 direct from the CD. There should be a phase where it asked you which partitiion to install. Instead of direct install, do a remove partition (of the partition where you want it to be install). Recreate that partition and format it.

Install it in the new empty partition. It should have no issues.
this is the answer
Old 12-09-2012, 11:10 AM
The one

make sure you set the HDD to operate in AHCI mode in BIOS.