Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench | AMD ThreadRipper Review | Tech Investments forum > PC Problems, Mainboard and Graphics card troubleshooting > Gigabyte^

Gigabyte^ Gigabyte mainboard discussions

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Future MRT MAP has MOVED here. Click here.

Gigabyte Virtual DualBIOS crash free protection

Gigabyte^

Old 25-06-2007, 10:58 PM

Potenza rep: 0
UJM is on a distinguished road
Default Gigabyte Virtual DualBIOS crash free protection

Can someone who has a Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R please explain how "Virtual DualBIOS BIOS crash free protection" works.
Old 26-06-2007, 02:19 AM
Rookie

Yozzer is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I have ben trying to find out myself. I have the GA-P35C-DS3R and have posted elsewhere trying to discover if the advertisements are true.
I have written to Gigabyte support, and was at first directed to an article discussing generic dual bios and quad bios, no help with virtual dual bios whatsoever.
I was informed by a reader that the bios rescue program should be on the driver CD and is part of Xpress3 package.

I asked Gigabyte ...
Sent : 6/24/2007 03:09
Question : I have since my last question discovered Xpress3 is supposed to install the bios recue utility, but it is not on my installation CD, and is not available for download on this motherboard, (GA-P35C-DS3R). I am becoming concered that though the adverts and technical desription assures the reader this motherboard has it, it in fact does not.
Please explain, and if you can, point me at where I can download this for my motherboard. (Please review my previous question)
Regards, Brian

Answer : Only Xpress 2:-

http://www.giga-byte.co.uk/Support/M...lity_List.aspx

Xpress2 is purely a file rescue utility, and does not "rescue" the bios. If it is embedded in the motherboard, then I would like to see it written somewhere, as it will be too late if my bios has a bad flash, which did happen to me once and the motherboard was defuct, so it was important to me when I bought this knew motherboard.

If you find the answer, or if someone else does, then please post.

Old 09-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Rookie

restart is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Virtual DualBIOS=Simple BigPoS from Gigabyte.
What i have heard, that motherboard stores BIOS image in some Hidden Protected Area (HPA) on attached HDD. But i don`t know, is it automated process or owner must do that manually using some BIOS or software utility.

What about Xpress Bios Rescue from "Gigabyte of S***"?

got myself 2 days ago a budget overclock system with P35-DS3L, e2160, 2*1gb A-Data ddr2 800mhz memory.

So, no hdd in system nor floppy.
1st boot with default BIOS settings from dvdrw with DigiWiz miniPE2-XT 2k5.06.06 cd, making some tests with everest, super pi from usb flash disk.
Did some changes in BIOS, actually I have only changed FSB an CPU ratio and memory frequency settings, all voltages/mem timings left with Auto.

nice results indeed.
9*333fsb mem 666, 9*350fsb mem 840, 8*370fsb mem 920.

This was the last result

I changed FSB value from 370 to 380, saved changes. System restarts, shuts down, starts again and what i see

Quote:
"Award BootBlock Bios v1.0
Copyright (C) 2000, Award Software Inc.

Scanning BIOS Image in Hard Drive ... "
Gigabyte, go f* yourself. mb goes rma
Old 01-01-2008, 11:11 AM
The one

Potenza rep: 10
bluetooth has disabled reputation

Award bootlock is activated when it see that the bios is corrupted due to a bad flash or when it can't boot up correctly due to overclocking.

To recover, just reset cmos or recover using a floppy disk. Why it shows a "scanning bios image in hd" beats me.

For award bios, the recovery procedure is that you rename the correct bios file on your diskette to be of a particular filename xxxxx.bin, it will auto load and flash it in.
and Join our Facebook Fan page at
http://www.facebook.com/ocworkbenchconnect